Getting to your Appointment Just Got Easier! Uber is Now Available!
Rochester Clinical Research is one of the first to utilize Uber Health in the Greater Rochester area.
Uber allows Rochester Clinical Research to request, manage and pay for our volunteer’s rides to and from their appointments. When using Uber to RCR, you do not need to be an Uber user or even have a smart phone. While Uber Health is HIPPA compliant, RCR will give Uber your first name and phone number for scheduling purposes. Uber Health will not affect a volunteer’s compensation for a study.
How it works:
- When booking an appointment with Rochester Clinical Research, let them know you need a ride to and from the appointment!
- When a ride is booked in advance by Rochester Clinical Research, the passenger will receive a text with the scheduling information at the time of the booking (if the volunteer has a cell phone). If you do not have a cell phone, Rochester Clinical Research will give you the scheduling information.
- When a car is on the way to the pick-up location, the passenger will receive another text or call (either to cell phone or land line) notifying them that their ride is on the way.
- The car will take you to Rochester Clinical Research for your appointment.
- At the end of your appointment, Rochester Clinical Research will schedule a ride back to your home.