Do you have a passion for medicine? Are you interested in contributing to the advancement of medical research? If so, then we’re interested in speaking with you. Rochester Clinical Research has been Advancing Medicine and Changing Lives for over 2 decades. Many of the new medications you hear about in the news (vaccines such as: Meningitis, Ebola, Anthrax, etc.) at one point, came through our doors first and we couldn’t be more proud of that. At Rochester Clinical Research, we’ve created more than a place where people simply come to work Monday through Friday, we’ve created a family. We not only think of our employees as family, but our volunteers too.
If you think you’d be a good fit, check out our current opening(s) and fill out the form below. We’d love to talk further.
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (NP or PA)
1. Interpret clinical protocols
• Create telephone screening tools for the call center’s use in pre-screening patients
• Create study summaries, providing a basic overview of the research study as a reference for staff.
• Advise on Inclusion/Exclusion set up
• Draft correspondence to subjects and follow up letters to primary care physicians
• Be familiar with all assigned studies
• Resource for all staff clinical questions
• Review marketing materials and give clinical input
2. Conduct study visits with subjects
• Adhere to good clinical practices and FDA human subject protection guidelines
• Administer Informed Consent
• Review and record medical histories
• Review and record physical assessments
• Review inclusion/exclusion criteria to determine patient eligibility
• Review and record medications, indications for use, dates of use
• Assess patient compliance with study drug and follow-up visits
• Assess patient’s response to therapy
• Review and sign off lab results and tests in consultation with Principal Investigator if needed
• Review ECG’s and provide a provisional interpretation
• Assess and document adverse events per company SOPs with final sign off by the Principal Investigators
• Conduct other visit procedures as assigned by supervisor and delegated by Principal Investigator
• Train applicable staff on informed consent
• Train recruitment/marketing team on telephone screen tools/protocols
• Assist in recruitment team training including mock calls
• Assist staff in understanding clinical requirements of the protocol
• Attend Investigator’s Meetings for new studies, as needed
• Perform “Free Screen” assessments, provide interpretation and education regarding results.
• Provide in-services on scientific rationales of studies for clinical staff, as needed.
• Develop, attain, and provide patient education regarding the clinical trial process as well as diseases and treatments
• Assist in writing for RCR website and newsletter as needed
• Assist with workplace wellness initiatives
Other tasks as assigned
• 5 Years Clinical experience required
• Able to communicate with providers, co-workers, sponsors, and others in a collaborative and courteous manner.
• Knowledgeable in medical terminology so as to communicate with physician office and laboratory staff.Clinical Trial experience preferred
RN, BS, NP with NYS certification as either Family or Adult NP or PA with certification.
This position is Part-time (Exempt). Hours are ~32/week. Position reports to Principal Investigator, CEO and President.
Fill out the form below to be considered: