About The Study:
Chronic obesity is a prolonged condition marked by excess body fat, often leading to health issues like heart disease and diabetes. It stems from a mix of genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors, including poor diet and sedentary habits. Management involves personalized strategies, focusing on sustained lifestyle changes, improved nutrition, and regular exercise to mitigate health risks associated with obesity.
At Rochester Clinical Research we are currently enrolling participants who are interested in potentially losing weight and becoming a healthier version of themselves! Throughout this study you will receive diet and activity counseling to help you stay on track. There is a 22% chance you will receive placebo if you qualify to participate. The study drug will be administered through weekly injections that you will do from your home. There is no cost to participate in this study and health insurance is not required nor needed.
- Must be between the ages of 18-75 years old
- BMI ≥30 kg/m2 OR ≥27 kg/m2 with (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart failure or sleep apnea)
- Have not had a prior or planned surgical treatment for obesity (ie lap band, gastric bypass)
- Have never been diagnosed with ANY TYPE of diabetes (type I or II)
- Do not currently have cancer, or if you have, must be in remission from cancer for <5 years
- Have not taken any any medications or supplements to help with weight loss in the past 3 months
- *Please note, other qualifications apply