About The Study:
Rochester Clinical Research is currently contributing to the efforts in developing a vaccine to aid individuals affected by HSV-2. If you are aged between 18 and 60 and have been diagnosed with HSV-2 (genital herpes) for at least one year, you may be eligible to participate in our compensated research study. The study spans approximately 15 months and involves 10-15 in-office visits and 12 telephone calls. Throughout the study’s duration, compensation will be provided to cover your time and travel expenses.
Study-related care is available to participants at no cost and health insurance is not required nor needed.
- Must be between the ages of 18-60 years old
- Have had HSV-2 for at least 1 year before screening
- Recurrent genital herpes: 3-9 recurrences in the last 12 months (or before initiation of suppression therapy)
- Refrains from suppressive antiviral therapy throughout the study (Ex/ daily valacyclovir)
- Refrains from EPISODIC antiviral therapy during three 28-day anogenital swabbing periods. May be used outside of these windows. (Ex/ PRN acyclovir, valacyclovir)
- BMI 18 to <35 at screening
- Have not had a prior vaccine with HSV antigens
- *Please note that other qualifications apply