- Roughly 70 million American adults have high blood pressure
- Only half of individuals have their high blood pressure under control
- High blood pressure accounts for over $46 billion in costs each year to our nation
- There are nearly 1000 deaths each day as a result of high blood pressure
- Roughly 7 out of 10 people experiencing their first heart attack have high blood pressure
If the facts above are not justification enough for the importance of getting your high blood pressure under control – high blood pressure is a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Both heart disease and stroke are leading causes of death in thex US. High blood pressure can often go years unnoticed. Even without any signs or symptoms, damage to the blood vessels and heart takes place, increasing your risk of heart attack or stroke.
What should you do to help control it? Take your medications as prescribed (follow the directions on the bottle). If your blood pressure is still not under control after taking medication, get with your doctor to come up with a better plan. Maintaining a healthy weight and getting on a heart healthy eating plan with foods lower in sodium can help immensely.
Rochester Clinical Research has vast experience in high blood pressure research. We have been conducting high blood pressure studies for over 20 years. True to form, we are currently enrolling for a high blood pressure study. Follow the link below or give us a call at 585-288-0890 if you’d like to learn more about this opportunity.