At Rochester Clinical Research, we feel it is important to give back to the larger community. We strive to be a good corporate citizen, and our employees are engaged in a wide range of volunteer endeavors.
Rochester Clinical Research is a sponsor for the Tyler Putnam Foundation. This foundation helps families who have recently suffered a tragedy and or life altering occurrence. The foundation was created in loving memory of Tyler Putnam. Tyler’s foundation also provides information about Meningitis and the importance of meningitis research including in clinical studies that are being conducted to create and provide a vaccine that covers more strains. To learn more about the foundation and meningitis, please click here.
- RCR is a major donor to the Mercy Outreach Center, which provides care for the uninsured and underinsured. RCR began supporting the Mercy Outreach Center ten years ago, after noting an increasing number of our study volunteers were without insurance.
- RCR is a member of The Cornerstone Society as a Corporate Partner, donating to the Rochester Regional Health Research Fund
- To help diabetics in the community, Dr. Weerasinghe started a “Diabetes Self-Management Group” educational program in 2003. A weekly series of seven educational programs are offered in the spring and fall. Several employees of RCR employees, including a physician, a nurse practitioner, a dietician and an administrative assistant donate their time it. Close to 300 diabetics have participated in this empowering program.
- RCR staff have partnered with the Rochester Business Alliance in generously donating to the Thanksgiving Basket Program.
- RCR staff have adopted families for Special Santa Christmas gifts through the Hillside Children’s Center.
- RCR makes financial contributions to The United Way, The American Diabetes Association, The Center for Information and Study of Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP), The Hemophilia Center, The Association of Retarded Citizens (ARC), The Mary Cariola Children’s Center, the Golisano Children’s Center at Strong Memorial Hospital and the University of Rochester School of Nursing.
- RCR staff are avid supporters of the Annual fund raiser event for MCCC—Walking on Sunshine—held every September. RCR walks on “Team David” in memory of former staff member and founder, Pat Larrabee’s husband, David Larrabee.
- RCR has sponsored a Monroe County Youth Hockey Team, the Scottsville Squirt A “Ice Hawks”, and continues to sponsor an East Irondequoit Youth Soccer Team.
Ongoing Community Workshops
As a leading Rochester-area business, RCR has a strong commitment to the health and well-being of our community. We offer a number of programs and workshops to help area residents maintain active, healthy lifestyles. These include support in the areas of diabetes, weight loss and workplace wellness. Call us to find out what we have planned!