At Rochester Clinical Research, we feel it is important to give back to the larger community. We strive to be a good corporate citizen, and our employees are engaged in a wide range of volunteer endeavors.
- RCR is a major donor to the Mercy Outreach Center, which provides care for the uninsured and underinsured. RCR began supporting the Mercy Outreach Center ten years ago, after noting an increasing number of our study volunteers were without insurance. Pat was on the Board of Directors, and ChrisKelly, R.N. assists patients to complete paperwork for the prescription assistance program.
- RCR is a member of The Cornerstone Society as a Corporate Partner, donating to the Rochester Regional Health Research Fund
- To help diabetics in the community, Dr. Weerasinghe started a “Diabetes Self-Management Group” educational program in 2003. A weekly series of seven educational programs are offered in the spring and fall. Several employees of RCR employees, including a physician, a nurse practitioner, a dietician and an administrative assistant donate their time it. Close to 300 diabetics have participated in this empowering program.
- RCR staff have partnered with the Rochester Business Alliance in generously donating to the Thanksgiving Basket Program.
- RCR staff have adopted families for Special Santa Christmas gifts through the Hillside Children’s Center.
- RCR makes financial contributions to The United Way, The American Diabetes Association, The Center for Information and Study of Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP), The Hemophilia Center, The Association of Retarded Citizens (ARC), The Mary Cariola Children’s Center, the Golisano Children’s Center at Strong Memorial Hospital and the University of Rochester School of Nursing.
- Pat Larrabee is on the board of Mary Cariola Children’s Center and the RCR staff are avid supporters of the Annual fund raiser event for MCCC—Walking on Sunshine—held every September. RCR walks on “Team David” in memory of former staff member and Pat’s husband, David Larrabee.
- Adam Larrabee is on the board of the American Diabetes Association
- RCR has sponsored a Monroe County Youth Hockey Team, the Scottsville Squirt A “Ice Hawks”, and continues to sponsor an East Irondequoit Youth Soccer Team.
- Vicky Fink, Dietitian, volunteers with Rochester Area Diabetes Educators. She also fundraises for Wayne Central High School to financially assist graduating seniors who are going on to college or vocational training
- Dr. Weerasinghe is on the Board of Directors of Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency, and is a volunteer steward for a wetland preserve owned by the Genesee Land Trust.
- Our bookkeeper, Joanne Pernice, has volunteered at the zoo for 22 years. She primarily does outreach programs, taking animals to schools and other institutions to education children and adults about animals, and the need for conservation efforts. Bev Shaff also volunteers at the zoo.
- Bev Shaff has been involved with the Order of the Easter Star, Fairport Chapter for 6 months now fundraising for different organizations.
- Kathleen Ebeling has been a volunteer with the Junior League of Rochester since 1993 and as of 2016 is serving as the Vice President of Sustainers. In addition, she has also volunteered with Grapevine TWIG of RGH since 2012 in a fundraising capacity.
- Kerry O’Brien-Stulb has been volunteering with Joyful Rescues, a non-profit animal rescue in Cuba, NY since July of 2016. In addition to volunteering, she and her husband have also begun fostering dogs for the rescue.
- Deb Hodges has volunteered with the Journey Home hospice home since 2012 as a caregiver
- Kathy Bernardi has volunteered with the Celebrate Recovery Team since July of 2016 and facilitates group sessions. Kathy has also volunteered with the Aldersgate United Methodist Church as part of the Community Dinner Team for the past 3 years, providing free dinners for the community.
Ongoing Community Workshops
As a leading Rochester-area business, RCR has a strong commitment to the health and well-being of our community. We offer a number of programs and workshops to help area residents maintain active, healthy lifestyles. These include support in the areas of diabetes, weight loss and workplace wellness. Call us to find out what we have planned!